I was reminded by a friend that Black Friday sales aren’t limited to smartphones and other electronics, but online gaming stores also hold huge sales on Black Friday — an occasion that we the geeks look forward to. Not that I can buy much stuff on Black Friday because most of the offers are not applicable in this part of the world. But when it comes to digital content, more often than not, it’s accessible to us too.
That’s why I was excited to find out the awesome deals and discounts on PlayStation Store. I don’t usually buy games from PSN because of a couple of reasons. It’s difficult to pay on PSN because with a US account, it doesn’t accept cards with a non-US billing address. So we always have to have a gift card that can be redeemed prior to buying the game.
The second reason is the huge size of the game. Internet speed is subpar in this part of the world and it’s even worse at my home. So, downloading 25 to 35 GB of data takes so long that it always makes much more sense to go out and buy a physical disc. Thankfully, though, sometimes we get to buy the physical copy of a new game before their release dates like I got Fallout 4 this time around. 😀
Tell me about the deals!
All right, all right, enough off-topic talks. You’re here for the list of games on discount, right? Well, you can go and check out the deals on PlayStation Store right away, but I wanted to write down this list of games because I think these are the best deals. I would have bought all of these games if I didn’t have problems downloading them.
So, right now, I noticed that there are two different kinds of sales going on at PlayStation Store. One of them is called Amazon Co-op Sale where you can get up to 80% off (90% if you’re a PlayStation Plus member) on select titles. Let’s take a look at some of the titles that are on sale.
These PlayStation 4 games are best played on a couch (or online) with friends although there are some that have awesome campaign mode as well.
Amazon Co-op Sale
Don’t be confused, though. Although the title says Amazon presents, it’s actually right inside PlayStation Store and you can shop directly from your PlayStation system.
Here’s a list of games that I thought are worth getting while the offer lasts. Note that these prices are valid until November 30, 2015. So, if you like what you see, go get ’em now!
Note: The prices below are applicable if you have a PlayStation Plus subscription. If you don’t, you’ll have a slightly higher — still discounted — price.
- Far Cry 4 — $19.80 (Without PS Plus : $30 | RP — regular price: $59.99)
- Battlefield 4 — $12 (Without PS Plus: $15 | RP: $29.99)
- Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls – Ultimate Evil Edition — $29.39 (Without PS Plus: $34.79 | RP: $59.99)
- Rocket League — $11.99 (Without PS Plus $13.99. RP: $19.99)
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition — $20 (Without PS Plus: $25 | RP: $49.99)
- Evolve — $16 (Without PS Plus: $18 | RP: $39.99)
Flash Sales – Black Friday Deals
Just like above, these PS4 titles are also on a huge discounted price. However, unlike the titles above, the prices of these games are same whether or not you have a PlayStation Plus membership.
These prices will also last until November 30, 2015.
- Destiny — The Taken King – Legendary Edition – $39.59. Regular Price: $59.99
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain — $44.99. RP: $59.99
- FIFA 16 — $35.99. RP: $59.99
- Assassin’s Creed Syndicate — $35.99. RP: $59.99.
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt — $25. RP: $49.99
- Dishonored Definitive Edition — $15.20. RP: $39.99
- Grand Theft Auto V — $35.99. RP: $59.99
- Godzilla (not recommended 😛 ) — $12. RP: $59.99
- Wolfenstein: The New Order — $9. RP: $59.99
- Wolfenstein: The Old Blood — $6.60. RP: $19.99
There are a lot more games on sales so you may want to log into your PlayStation Store app on your PS4 or go to PlayStation Store website to check out all of the deals.
If you’re buying a lot of titles, I recommend purchasing directly from PS4 as I was offered an additional 10% discount on top of the discounted prices. I just bought the last two games so it was just a dollar discount. But if you’re buying a lot of titles, 10% will really count.
If you’re a PC gamer, do check out the rabbit hole that’s called Steam. I fancy all the titles that are on sale pretty much the whole year on Steam. But I don’t have a PC and I like the comfort of my console — even if that comes at a sacrifice of graphical performance — that’s why I play on PS4.
What games are you looking to buy this time around?